The MTTC offers a complete Mine Rescue Team training curriculum, including classroom and hands on. Our state of the art 40,000 square foot simulated mine has 6-entries, 7-crosscuts, 2 functioning overcasts and an exhaust fan. We also have on site a 4-entry, 5-crosscut smoke mine, hose control pad, 1.4 million BTU “live burn” tunnel and 3 outside mine rescue training fields.
Training sessions can be designed by our MSHA Certified Mine Rescue Instructors, or we can facilitate any special training your team would desire.
Please contact us for available training dates.
Mine Rescue Training
- Understanding and application of the National Mine Rescue Rules. This 8-hour course has been developed for those new to mine rescue, but has been very well received by the most seasoned mine rescue team members. The class included 50% classroom training and 50% application of the rules in our Sim Mine. The course covers fresh air base procedures, team exploration and ventilation.
- Understanding and application of the National Mine Rescue Mine Map Legend. This 2-hour course has been designed for map men and briefing officers, but has been well received by many mine rescue team members.
- Mine Disaster Training – Recovery and handling of deceased miners. This 8-hour class is developed for mine rescue team members focusing on the proper procedures in the recovery and handling of deceased miners. The course is instructed by a licensed Pennsylvania Coroner, a West Virginia Medical Examiner and a MTTC – MSHA certified Mine Rescue Instructor.
a. Procedures/guidelines for water movement with large diameter hose
b. Proper use of nozzles
c. Victim recovery and proper BSI (Body Substance Isolation)
- First Aid for the First 1000 Feet This 16 hour class was developed by MTTC Staff with assistance from Sicchitano Safety and Training. It was developed for training mine rescue team members in the first aid skills necessary while working in by the fresh air base. This class also includes training on various packaging techniques for multiple patients. Upon course completion trainees are CPR, AED and Heartsaver First Aid Certified for two years.
- Draeger BG4. Level 1 and Level 2 Training.